Sunday 14 November 2010

Boycey and Spoons




Goodbye Lazy beach! A two hour boat trip back to Sihanoukville for more Rogue iPod downloads and 75 cent hotdogs, pre six hour coach journey back to Phnom Penh and there's much reflection on the past four days. Lovely walking Chris' (governor) two dogs, Boycey and Spoons, to find the other beach on the island.


There was a huge blue and yellow boat with at least three decks,sat a little offshore and a small party of 'other' tourists enjoying the very white sand and clear blue sea.
Actually, those two black mongrels pretty much walk themselves, they don't need a lead and they seem to know their island like the backs of their paws. But wait. What's that over there in the distance? Could that be a shopping complex?


We finally got to Phnom Penh, got a Tuk Tuk through the busy streets (it's Water Festival time!) and checked into our hotel. Stash and Osk were hanging with hunger so we went and had dinner at a small but charming pizza restaurant. The owner, also small and charming, a very good chef, was fourteen years old when the shit hit the fan back in 1975. He lost his sister and his Mum.
He is now a Christian, but more importantly, knocks up amazingly tasty Chilli Salami spaghetti and Pepperoni pizza. It is seriously the best spaghetti I've ever eaten, Liz and the kids had to agree. We emptied our plates and bowls and just wanted more!!

I woke at around 2 am with a strong taste of chilli salami rising up into my throat and rushed to the bathroom to throw up. But nothing. The taste grew stronger and stronger and I started to gasp-was this the start of an ulcer or something? That rang a few bells, I hadn't drunk much and I didn't actually feel sick...
I woke to the sound of traffic and someone was slapping a mask over my face shouting,"breath sexy boy, breath!" And I was out. Over and out.
Next thing I know I'm waking up in bed next to Liz under that mosquito net in that little wooden beach bungalow, back on Lazy beach. I can hear Chris whistling Boycey and Spoons outside in the distance.  There is no escape.




Location:Another side

No comments:

Post a Comment